Accessories for every Occasion

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Here it comes!!

Finally... my new camera came in yesterday.... Have decided to start my new post with not earrings or necklace but a brooch.. I have only made 1 so far... so here goes :)

RockerBabe $25
I make use of semi-precious stones as much as I can especially for necklaces but as a self declared fashionista haha ... I also believe that accessories should be made affordable so pple who LOVE them can own as many pieces as possible. This said... rockerbabe is made from metallic pearl looking glass beads with crystal beads inserted for variety. Pewter butterfly charm is used to adorn this piece to soften the look.

Waltz $25 (SOLD)

Brazil sodalite/cat eye bead and glass bead are used to piece together this beauty. If you ask me, its best worn with simple white tee and jeans with you hair pull back to show off these dangling cuties. Another "must" in my list when creating accessories is that I will never make items, esp earrings too heavy to wear no matter how pretty additional stuff will make it look.
so yeah... this is ok to wear and it will not expand your ear holes haha.

Belly Pink $30 (SOLD)
Made from pink opal, this baby give me a very ethnic feel. Colour of the gemstone is richer than seen in picture.
Good with anything white, pink and even black :) Why belly pink? haha it reminds me of my belly dancing lessons :P

Hatsumomo $30 (SOLD)

Watched memoirs of a geisha recently? This pair reminds me of hatsumomo... the evil geisha (Gong Li) in the show.. Why? cuz of the oriental feel to it... its not very clear here but the middle red piece is a butterfly cloisonne. 2 little black glass bead streaked with gold dangles from the butterfly. Fierce? I like :)

SAYURI $35(Reserved)

Hmmmm since I have a Matsumomo, i need a Sayuri to complete the oriental theme.
Main bead is a Japanese shatter proof , electronically encrypted bead with gold foil outlining the contours of a blue rose (i think its a rose haha).
These beads are hard to make and cannot be produced on a massive scale. The details are very sharp and the design is exclusive (or at least according to the owner whom I bought the beads from)2 white beads dangling at the end are cat eye beads used to add weight to the earrings and to complete the look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home